Sunday, May 18, 2008

SketchUp book

One of the parts of the project that I'm most looking forward to is learning more about SketchUp. I'd like the map to look as realistic as possible and to do the location justice so I've found a great book to help me: Google SketchUp for Dummies by Aidan Chopra. I haven't had a chance to read much of it yet but from what I've seen from flicking through it I think it'll help a lot. There's a lot of small tips and tricks that will save me a lot of time. Aidan Chopra's official site for the book has a list of the chapters and links to really good video tutorials. He also has a YouTube account for the videos.

Even looking at the simplest tutorials I've picked up some tips so I think I'll be working my way through all of them over the next few days before I get to the more complicated parts of building the map. I think video tutorials are the best way to learn any software and it's one of my favourite things about YouTube. Here's a simple tutorial of Aidan's for beginners as an example:

No comments: